Jeff Gannon Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Call Me Bonkers, But I Just Love French New Wave Cinema

The hardest part about not being Jeff Gannon is dealing with those who think they know me just because I'm not Jeff Gannon. For example, many of you just assumed that I was still sexy after all these years just because someone else who isn't Jeff Gannon claimed that he was still sexy after all these years. Of course, I later admitted that I was in fact still sexy after all these years, but that's not the point; I could have easily not been still sexy after all these years because I'm not Jeff Gannon.

Which brings me to my love of French New Wave Cinema. Bonkers, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that the French are Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys, and that they hate freedom and have probably never held anything like my 7.2 inch Mini Cougar in their delicate hands. But those bastards sure knew how to make cinema.

What is really BONKERS is that I recently had to quit my job (not as a White House reporter) and am not able to purchase the classics of French New Wave cinema as I would like. I find a little Godard or Truffaut goes a long way in helping me deal with the BONKERS Lefty Elite Media that is so out of control.

So go ahead and call me BONKERS. But be sure to take a look at my Amazon Wish List. I would never put ads on my site or solicit money for the favors I provide you every day. But I will accept French New Wave Films.

11 Comments:

  • not jeff gannon deserves the finest french cinema has to offer (i feel conflicted, having gone against the oreilly led boycot of france, but since amazon is fine upstanding american company that gives nearly 100% of all political donations to the republican party of Jesus Christ i have rationalized that it is ok) on a personal note, i appreciate how difficult it is not being jeff gannon, as i am not jeff gannon either.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 AM  

  • ps...youre not bonkers...the french have a satanic like seduction skill that can overwhelm even the reddest of red blooded americans. with that said, it's off to the shooting range to pop off a few rounds with my new sidearm. oh, how i love my gun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 AM  

  • Thanks Anonymous. Actually, I often shoot and watch French New Wave films at the same time.

    By Blogger J. Gannon, at 11:43 AM  

  • I'm surprised at you! How could an upstanding patriotic American like you go for the films of that commie Godard? And surely a big manly dude like you would piss on something entitled "Le Petit Soldat" and then post the pissing on a Web site.

    But let me guess... I bet your favorite Truffaut film is "The 400 Blows."

    By Blogger steverford, at 2:23 PM  

  • Steveford,
    While the title certainly leaves a bit to be desired, "Le Petit Soldat" features some excellent torture scenes which illustrate just how effective it can be.

    And yes, I do enjoy The 400 Blows each time I experience it.

    By Blogger J. Gannon, at 2:44 PM  

  • nothing is sexier than shooting a gun while living in a red state. i love shooting my gun. french new wave cinema...not so much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 PM  

  • im more into the real american filmmakers like michael bay and mel gibson. true americans that, like me, love watching things explode. also the passion was so moving that i went out a renewed my oath at the club for growth...AND NO, there was NO homo eroticsm at all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

  • Jeff Who Is Really Not Jeff And
    Also Isn't The Jeff That Other People Think Might Be Jeff,

    Speaking of cinematic torture (and I don't mean attending Sundance with all those commies and tree-hugging liberals), you should check out "The Battle of Algiers." It tells of a time when the French were still manly and Napoleonic, beating and torturing the shit out of those dirty Algerians. Sure put me in a good mood.

    By Blogger steverford, at 5:49 PM  

  • steveford, another movie i enjoy watching is nixon(even though it was written and directed by the bonkers lefty oliver stone). i particularly enjoy the part when the decide to secretly bomb cambodia. i didn't particularly like the part when the bonghitting stone decided to depict the fearless and completely unparanoid nixon as completely paranoid and full of self loathing. But knowing that he ordered the indiscriminate bombing of many brown people made it all worth it. very sexy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 PM  

  • Ah, Nixon... now there was a great manly upstanding patriotic American who was done in by a bunch of evil lefty pen pushers in the liberal media.

    Man, wouldn't it be great if he and Kissinger (a kraut and a Jew but no one's perfect) were still in the White House? We'd really be seeing some cool torture pics.

    By Blogger steverford, at 6:20 PM  

  • indeed steveford, and let us not forget the manliness of h.r. haldeman...a true patriot. loyal to nixon and to the country. a true lover of the constitution and of democracy.
    all of our heroes are dead or have been unjustly prosecuted by liberal federal judges, but goddamn-it, theyre our heroes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home