Jeff Gannon Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Standing up for myself (not Jeff Gannon)

It appears that many of you are quick to make accusations about me, a guy who's not really Jeff Gannon. So I am going to very quickly refute this ridiculous speculation.

1) I am not a fake journalist. I took a course and have a certificate to prove it.

2) Like that other guy who's also not named Jeff Gannon, all I'm doing is presenting the unvarnished and often times unfiltered positions of the Bush Administration.

3) I'm certainly not involved in any sort of payola. For that to be possible, I'd at least have to be the other guy who's name also isn't really Jeff Gannon because that guy hasn't really been Jeff Gannon for a little longer than me and has better connections.

4) Yes, I occasionally copied straight out of the book when writing book reports in junior high. It seemed like the best way to convey what the author was trying to say. Unvarnished.

2 Comments:

  • Mr. NOT Jeff Gannon (who is not Jeff Gannon either),

    Posting anonymously is cowardly and decrepid,
    I self-absolve myself from that definition,
    but you are Washington Bureau Chief for a very well-known
    newsgroup, uum, I've forgotten the name just now, is it
    Salon.com? How can you get away with being anonymous?

    You must hate America.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

  • Hm, you had me going for a minute there. Now I'm bored with you. Bye.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home